How the Morning of Kindness Works
1. Our team coordinates with more than a dozen local nonprofits. We gather their wishlists for donations and service projects, and they tell us when they are available to receive visits from generous hearted donors on the Morning of Kindness.
2. When we open the registration website, people who wish to participate are invited to choose nonprofits they would like to support, and sign up for a time slot to visit the nonprofit.
3. Participants then purchase or gather the items that are requested on the nonprofit's wishlist. Many people host food or item drives at work, or coordinate with their scouting troops or PTAs. If you choose to participate in holiday caroling, you’re encouraged to download lyrics to the songs, and make/bring holiday cards to hand out to the people you’ll be singing for - either elders who rarely see family, or residents of a pediatric nursing home.
4. On the Morning of Kindness, participants visit their chosen nonprofits during the time slot they signed up for, and deliver their donations, learn about how their generosity will make an impact in their community, and discover ways to get involved with their chosen nonprofit throughout the year. Our hope is that our participants will discover a nonprofit with whom they "click" - creating a community service relationship that will last beyond this season of gratitude.
5. Get Creative! Feel free to add on to your Morning of Kindness experience by adding on your own Random Acts of Kindness (RAKs). Visit a hospital and tape quarters to the vending machines, feed the downtown parking meters, hang warm scarves on park benches for people who need them. For a list of additional RAKs, visit here.
To find a nonprofit with whom you might fall in love - visit our list of partners.
SIGN UP TODAY
Connect the people of New York's Capital Region with the non-profit organizations that need their help to make a difference for our less fortunate neighbors.